What is collagen and what is it for?
I’m sure this isn’t the first time you’ve heard of collagen. It was taken by a family member or friend, or you’ve probably seen it on the shelf in a pharmacy or supermarket, but … What is it for?
Collagen is a vital protein for our body and makes up 25% of the total protein mass. It is a major component of our bones and skin and is also found in joints, tendons, hair, and muscles. It is a fundamental component for the proper functioning of our body. Its main function is to provide resistance and flexibility to our body, which allows us, for example, to stand and move.
Our body produces collagen naturally. However, from the age of 30 and especially from the age of 40 this ability to generate it is gradually lost. What is expressed in the symptoms associated with aging, both aesthetic and health level:
- Mobility problems
- Joint inflammation
- Loss of skin smoothness
- The appearance of wrinkles
- Autumn hair
Collagen and food
We can increase collagen synthesis through food. Foods rich in vitamin C, silicon and sulfur that stimulate this synthesis:
- Vitamin C: red peppers, citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, red berries …
- Sulfur: cucumber, garlic, onion, olives, celery
- Silicon: oats, bananas, raisins, carrots, spinach
In some cases, food intake to stimulate collagen synthesis is not enough, and supplementation is needed.
An effective way to slow down the contraction of this structural component and avoid the health complications it entails is a collagen-based supplement. Especially from 40 years old. Usually 10 g per day is recommended. However, the source of collagen will directly affect its absorption. The most famous is the hydrolyzate.
They can be made from two sources:
- Animal origin: bobbin
- Marine origin: derivatives of fish and algae
PRODUCTS WITH COLLAGEN WADER
On the market, you can find accessories targeted to various specific purposes. In Weider, you can find additions to each of the following goals:
- Weider Collagen is an essential hydrolyzed bobbin coloben supplement that guarantees high bioavailability based on peptan® to help maintain joint health.
- Joint Collagen is a modern bone and joint care product. The formula was formulated with hydrolyzed collagen to provide the best functional ingredients used in joint care:
- Turmeric Extract (CURSOL): Turmeric is widely recognized for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Organic silicon. Silicon is a very important mineral in collagen and connective tissue synthesis.
- Manganese mineral: fundamental for adequate synthesis of the basic structures of connective tissue and bones.
- Cosmetic Collagen has been formulated using specific and effective ingredients for skin health and beauty, helping to maintain and combat youthful, healthy skin. the effect of age on the skin.
- Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen Peptides
- SkinAx: This is a patented ingredient specially formulated for the health and appearance of the skin.
- With polyphenols, superoxide dismutase (antioxidant), vitamin C and zinc.